Java TutorialIntroductionEnvironment SetupIDEBuild ManagementLanguage SpecificationBasic ProgramVariablesData TypesPackagesModifiersConditionalsLoopsObject OrientedClassesSuperInterfacesEnumStatic importInheritanceAbstractionEncapsulationPolymorphismBoxing & UnboxingConversion Formatting numbers Arrays Command line arguments in java Variable Number of arguments in Java Exception handling in Java String handling in Java StringBuffer and StringBuilder in Java Mathematical Operations in Java Date and Time in Java Regular expressions in Java Input output programming in Java File Handling Nested Classes Collections Generics Serialization Socket programming Multi-Threading Annotations Lambda Expressions Reflections in Java Singleton class in Java Runtime Class in JavaHow to load resource in JavaHow to load properties file in Java
AdvancedLog4j – Logging framework in JavaInterview Questions in Java
All classes in Java standard library are important but here is the list of frequently used packages and classes.
- java.lang – This package is imported by default in all Java classes. It contains basic classes required to run a simplest program. Some of the most frequently used classes in this package are – String, Integer, Double etc
- java.util – contains classes for Calendar, Date,Regular Expression related classes and various collections like List, Vector, Map, Dictionary, Set, Queue, Stack etc
- java.io and java.nio – This package has got classes to interact with file system. java.io is used when dealing with stream oriented and blocking input output. While java.nio is used when dealing with buffer oriented and non blocking input output.
- java.net – This package contains classes required to access resources over network and internet
- java.awt and javax.swing – GUI applications
- java.text – formatting of numbers and strings
- java.applet – creating applets that run in browser
Web development and Automation testing