BasicsIntroduction Software Development Models Testing Lifecycle Testing Types Testing Techniques Testing Levels Defect Life Cycle Test Metrics BDD
Manual TestingIntroduction Manual Testing tools Requirements Desiging Tests Executing Tests Testing Artifacts Testing Plan Testing Strategy Test Summary Report
Automation TestingIntroduction Web Automation Desktop Automation Mobile Automation API automation Performance Testing ROI Page Object Model Automation tools Unit Testing frameworks git Linux Commands Package Managers Build Managment tools docker CI CD Cloud Testing Providers
MiscellaneousAutomation Tester Onboarding Interview Questions and Answers Automation cheatsheet
Automation testing Question and AnswersHere are the most frequently asked questions in Automation tester interviews.
Tell me about yourself
What is difference between explicit and implicit synchronization?
Explain how to design automation framework?
What are your current role and resposibilities?
What are your Strong and weak qualities / Points?
What are the challenges you faced?
What is BDD testing?
How to run tests in cloud?
How to calculate ROI?
Explain software development model you used in your project.
Tester role experience requirements
Different Job requirements need different skills. Here is the requirement of one of the roles in Australia.
- Version control - Git and Github
- Language - Java - Gradle
- Front end testing - Selenium
- Backend testing - API - Postman
- Performance centre - Jmeter
- CI server - Jenkins
- Messaging Queue - Kafka (distributed and pub sub) vs RabbitMQ, Activemq, IBM MQ
How Kafka is different than other mq servers
- Kafka is based on pub sub model vs JMS based
- In Kafka, Order of message is maintained
- Kafka can have Multiple consumers
- Kafka is Distributed
- Message retention
What is digital transformationTransforming and simplifying existing processes in organisation using digital technology is called as digital transformation. It may involve
- Converting paper based processes to digital
- Automation of processes
- Launching products like mobile apps
- Migration of web apps using latest tech stack
- Using cloud based tech
What is service virtualiasation
What is difference between monothilic apps and micro services based apps
- In monolithic apps, small changes will need redeployment and testing of whole package hence it is more time consuming and costly
- In micro-services based apps, we can redeploy specific service and scaling is easy. No need to scale all services. We can scale specific service.
Web development and Automation testing