Specflow TutorialIntroduction to SpecFlow Installation of SpecFlowWriting first SpecFlow test in Visual Studio Writing step definitions for a SpecFlow feature file Executing SpecFlow scenarios and feature files Using SpecFlow runner to execute the feature files Using tags in SpecFlow Passing parameters to steps Data table in SpecFlow Scenario Background Scenario outline Hooks in SpecFlow Executing Selenium tests with SpecFlow Executing the failed test multiple times Sharing selenium Webdriver instance in SpecFlow Writing to SpecFlow HTML reports
SpecflowSpecFlow (https://www.specflow.org/) is the BDD framework in .Net language. We can write the feature files using Gherkin syntax. If you know how to write feature files in Cucumber, half of your work is already done. Key features of SpecFlow are given below.
- You can write your test scenarios in plain English or any other regional language like French or German.
- SpecFlow extension helps you create step definitions automatically.
- We can run SpecFlow tests using MSTest or SpecFlow runner.
- HTML report is generated by SpecFlow Runner.
- Hooks allow you to execute code before and after specific scenarios.
- Tagging scenarios allow you to group the scenarios.
- In-built dependency injection framework allows you to share the data among step definition classes.
Web development and Automation testing