Cryptocurrency TutorialWhat is cryptocurrency? List of Hot cryptocurrencies and tokens Bitcoin history Ethereum history Blockchain basics Bitcoin exchanges How wallet works creating bitcoin wallets online Bitcoin wallets ERC20 Ethereum wallets Ripple wallets MyEtherWallet (MEW) How to create a new wallet on MyEtherWallet bitcoin transaction details ethereum transaction details Solidity and Geth Creating new cryptocurrency using Ethereum platform Bitcoin Pool mining Bitcoin mining hardware Bitcoin mining software Setting up GUI miner for mining with slushpool Best performing coins and tokens Best cryptocurrencies and tokens for investment Best blockchain startups for investment Blockchain startups backed by big companies like Google Microsoft Blockchain Venture capital funds Introduction Bitcoin hacks Important links and resources
Bitcoin historyNow let us take a look at bitcoin history.
- 2009 – Satoshi nakomoto released the bitcoin in 2009
- 2011 – Bitcoin price hits $1 on 1 feb 2011. Price zoomed to $31 on 8 July 2011 and then crashed to $2 by dec 2011. This was the first major crash.
- 2012 – bitpay and wordpress started accepting Payments in the form of bitcoins
- 2013 – first bitcoin ATM opened in Canada. Price hit $266 on 11 april 2013.
- 2014 – Microsoft and dell started accepting bitcoins. Price hit $1000 in Jan 2014.
- 2015 – More than 150,000 merchants along with Barclays bank started accepting bitcoin payments.
- 2016 – more than 700 ATMs set up worldwide for bitcoins. Swiss Railway operator SBB (CFF) started accepting bitcoins
- 2017 – Japan, Russia and Norway legalised the bitcoin. The bitcoin symbol added in Currency Symbols block. Bitcoin split into classic bitcoin (BTC) and the Bitcoin Cash (BCH). Price hit $18000 on 8 dec 2017.
Web development and Automation testing