Important files and directories in Linux System
Here is the list of important files and directories in Linux System
- /proc/stat : This file stores current system information.
- /proc/meminfo : This file shows Memory Information.
- /proc/filesystems : This file stores file system information.
- /proc/cpuinfo : This file stores CPU information.
- /usr/sbin : This directory stores binaries required for system administration.
- /etc/resolv.conf : This file store DNS information of the system.
- /etc/passwd: This file stores user information like user id, default shell, directory of user etc.
- /etc/group : This file stores information of all groups in the system.
- /etc/hosts: This file stores the list of known hosts.
- /etc/fstab : This file stores static file system information.
- /etc/crontab : This file stores all cron jobs.
- ~/.bashrc : This file contains script to be executed at the beginning of shell terminal.
- ~/.profile : This file contains the script to be run for login shells.
- ~/.bash_history : This file contains all history commands.
- ~/.bash_logout: This file contains script which gets executed when shell exits.