which exams are conducted by UPSC
The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) in India conducts a wide range of examinations for recruitment to various government services and posts. Here is a list of some of the prominent exams conducted by UPSC!
Civil Services Examination (CSE):
- Commonly known as the IAS exam, it includes the recruitment of candidates for the Indian Administrative Service (IAS), Indian Police Service (IPS), Indian Foreign Service (IFS), and other Group A and Group B services.
Indian Forest Service Examination (IFoS):
- This exam is conducted in conjunction with the Civil Services Examination to recruit candidates for the Indian Forest Service.
- The Indian Forest Service (IFoS) officers work primarily in the field of forest and wildlife management, conservation, and environmental protection.
Engineering Services Examination (ESE):
- Also known as the Indian Engineering Services (IES) exam, it is conducted to recruit engineers for various government departments (e.g. Railways) and organizations.
Combined Defence Services Examination (CDS):
- CDS is conducted for entry into the Indian Military Academy (IMA), Naval Academy, Air Force Academy, and Officers' Training Academy (OTA).
National Defence Academy and Naval Academy Examination (NDA & NA):
- This exam is for admission to the National Defence Academy (NDA) and Naval Academy (NA).
Indian Economic Service (IES) Examination:
- IES exam recruits economists for various government departments and ministries.
Indian Statistical Service (ISS) Examination:
- ISS exam is conducted for the recruitment of statisticians for government departments and ministries.
Combined Medical Services Examination (CMS):
- CMS is conducted to recruit medical officers in various central government services, including the Indian Railways, Indian Ordnance Factories, and others.
Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF) Examination:
- CAPF exam recruits candidates for Assistant Commandant positions in paramilitary forces like the Border Security Force (BSF), Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF), and others.
Combined GeoScientists Examination:
- This exam is for recruitment in the Geological Survey of India, government departments and agencies responsible for groundwater resource assessment and management, water resources, agriculture, and environmental management.
- It recruits geologists, geophysicists, chemists, and hydrogeologists for various government departments.
Special Class Railway Apprentice (SCRA) Examination:
- SCRA was conducted to recruit candidates for the Indian Railways in the mechanical engineering department.
Assistant Commandant in Central Industrial Security Force (CISF) Examination:
- This exam recruits Assistant Commandants in the CISF.
UPSC Section Officers/Stenographers (Grade B/Grade I) Limited Departmental Competitive Examination:
- This exam is for promotion to the Section Officer (Grade-I) and Stenographer (Grade-B/Grade-I) positions in various ministries and departments.
Please note that UPSC may conduct additional examinations or make changes to the existing ones over time. You can get latest updates at https://upsc.gov.in/examinations/exam-calendar