Maven TutorialIntroduction to Maven Installation and environment configuration Maven settings Standard directory structure in Maven project command line IntelliJ IDEA Super POM and Parent POM Understanding POM.xml file Declaring maven dependencies Dependency management using repositories in Maven Adding jar file as a dependency in Maven Maven archetypes Maven build life cycle, phases and goals Generating project API documentation Generating Site documentation for a project Installing artifacts in local repository Deploying the artifact on remote repository Maven plug-ins surefire plugin compiler plugin Profiles in MavenExecuting Maven phases and goals through command prompt Maven command line optionsexec-maven-plugin usage Skipping tests in Maven Test execution report in Maven
Maven IntroductionMaven is a build management system. But it can be used to manage large projects as well. Key things to note about maven are –
- Maven uses XML file (POM.xml) to store project information.
- Maven is an open source tool developed by Apache.
- The official website of maven is https://maven.apache.org/
- Simple build management using standard directory structure.
- Dependency management using repository concept.
- Can be extended using plug-ins.
- It is a cross platform tool.
- Maven uses concepts called as Build life cycle, phase, goal
- It integrates very well with various IDEs like IntelliJ IDEA, Eclipse etc
- It is a project management tool helping us in various activities like compilation and building, documentation, reporting, dependencies, releases, distribution etc.
Web development and Automation testing