Gen Prog TutorialHomeDesign PatternsBDDHTTP ProtocolInternationalization
Design PatternsHere is the categories of design Patterns as introduced by Gang of four.
- Creational - How objects are created
- Structural - How objects relate to each other
- Behavioural - How objects communicate with each other
Creational PatternsHere is the list of creational patterns.
- Singleton - Single object pattern - Log4j - only object is created
- Prototype - similar to prototypical inheritance in JS - inherit from objects and not types
- Builder - To build the object over the period of time. Method chaining is used
- Factory - Page factory pattern in Selenium or factory functions in JS
- Facade - hide inner complexity. Class can have objects of other classes as members. JQuery is good example of Facade pattern as it hides the complexity and simplifies coding.
- Proxy - used in Vue.js
- Iterator - iterate though objects and keys. This is pull based system
- Observer - This is push based system. Subscribe pattern.
- Mediator - e.g. ATC - Air traffic controller. In expressjs, there is a middleware that can intercept request and response.
- State - e.g. promises in JS - promise can be in pending, resolved or rejected state
- Strategy pattern - e.g Passport JS
Web development and Automation testing