Role of hackers in Security Testing
Hackers usually exploit vulnerabilities in the system.
Types of hackers
- Black Hat – Intention of black hat hackers is to exploit the vulnerabilities in system in order to steal the passwords, damage reputation of organisations, steal money etc. They are also known as bad guys.
- White Hat – These types of hackers find the vulnerabilities in the system in order to fix them so that any future attacks could be prevented.
- Grey Hat Hackers – They are mix of Black and White hat hackers.
Well known hacking incidents in the world
- On 13 Feb 2013, Burger King’s twitter account was hacked and logo of McDonold’s was put there.
- Twitter account of Indian Congress Party was hacked in Nov 2016.
Web development and Automation testing