Introduction to MySQL
MySQL is a relational database management system. First version of MySQL was released in 1995.
It is developed by David Axmark and Michael Widenius.
It has got below features.
- Open source and cross platform
- Used in LAMP and WAMP
- Many popular applications use MySQL like WordPress, phpBB, Drupal, Joomla
- Supports stored procedures, triggers, functions, cursors
- Supports updatable views
- Many GUI apps are available for managing MySQL server like MySQL Workbench, phpMyAdmin, Toad
- We can also manage the server through command line
- APIs in all major programming languages are available to work with MySQL