Database Testing in MySQL
It is very important to perform complete database testing.
You can test below things while doing database testing.
- Data Mapping – We can verify that data entered in application UI is properly being saved in correct columns.
- We can also test that CRUD (Create, Retrieve, Update, Delete) actions are working correctly.
- We can also test ACID properties of database.
- We can also test Data Integrity.
- We can also test Business Rules.
Database testing also involves testing below things.
- Verification of default values, unique value constraints.
- Verification of triggers
- Verification of procedures and functions.
- Verification of queries involving NULL values.
- Verification of Referential Integrity.
- Verification of the user roles and privileges.
- Verification of transactions Rollbacks and savepoints.