Introduction to IntelliJ IDEA
IntelliJ IDEA is the most popular IDE for development in Java and many more languages.
Striking features of IntelliJ IDEA are given below.
- Developed by JetBrains company
- Comes in 2 different editions – Community and Ultimate
- Better than other Java IDEs like Eclipse, NetBeans and JDeveloper
- Excellent support for Integration with Version Control Systems like GIT, SVN etc.
- Works well with all important build management tools like ANT, Maven, Gradle
- Integrates well with database systems like MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle etc
- There are many plug-ins available for wide variety of technologies like JUnit, Cucumber etc..
- It has excellent support for code navigation, finding files, classes, searching in entire project, navigating to declarations and definitions of classes and methods.
- It supports not only Java but many other languages like Groovy, Python, Clojure, Go etc