Standard libraries in .net
CLI – Common Language Infrastructure
In .net CLI (Common Language Infrastructure), there are many standard libraries as mentioned below
- Base Class Library (BCL)
- Runtime infrastructure library
- XML – provides classes to work with XML files and streams
Base Class Library
You will most likely be working with base class library. BCL contains below namespaces and classes.
- System – Arrays and Basic data types like Integer, Double are defined in System namespace
- System.Collections and System.Collections.Generic – Normal collections and generic collections like dictionaries, lists, stack, queue etc.
- System.Diagnostics – This can be used for event logging and tracing
- System.Globalization – Culture related classes can be used to manage language, regions, date, time, currency etc
- System.IO – File handling can be done using classes defined in System.IO namespace
- System.Text – We can work with regular expressions using classes in this namespace.
- System.Threading – Classes in this namespace are used when we want to do multi threaded programs