With massive rise in the use mobile devices, it has become essential for the enterprises to ensure that their applications are working properly on mobile devices like iPhones, iPads, Android mobile phones (Samsung/LG etc).
Testing on mobile devices is catching the attention of entire software industry as experts reckon that in coming years, more people will use mobile devices to access internet and applications than desktop systems.
We have lots of automation tools and services to test applications on mobile devices as mentioned below.
- Appium– Native applications (apps launched from apk files), web applications(websites) as well as hybrid applications testing on iOS and Android.
- Mobile devices emulation using Google chrome developer tools. We can use chrome driver with chrome options set to use mobile device. This is the easiest way to test web applications on various platforms.
- Browserstack – It’s a paid service which allows automation of various mobile devices in simulated cloud environment.
- Saucelabs – Company provides a paid service which allows automation of various mobile devices in simulated cloud environment.
- Selendroid – allows testing on only Android devices with API level < 17. You can find out which API is available on your android device or mobile phone by referring to official Android build numbers.