Installation and configuration of Appium and Android tools
In this topic, let us take a look at what tools you will need to install to be able to work with Android automation.
Below is the list of tools you will need for automation.
- Appium server
- Android SDK
- Java JDK and JRE
- Java IDE (Eclipse or Intellij IDEA)
- Android Mobile phone (I am using Samsung Duos)
Once you install above tools, ensure that update path variable on your windows system to include all tools as mentioned below.
- JDK tools
- Maven tools
- Android SDK tools and platform tools
Sample path might look like “G:\apache-maven-3.2.3\bin;F:\selenium;D:\android\bin;D:\android\sdk\platform-tools;D:\android\sdk\tools”
You also need to create new environment variables as mentioned below.
- JAVA_HOME (e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_11)
- JRE_HOME (e.g. C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.8.0_40)
- ANDROID_HOME (e.g. D:\android\sdk)
- M2_MAVEN (e.g. G:\apache-maven-3.2.3)