Appium server arguments
We can start the Appium server using below arguments
- -a and -p : This is used to specify the address and port of the Appium server
- -U : This is used to specify the device id
- –full-reset and –no-reset : These options are used to specify if we want to reinstall the app before starting testing. When we choose full-reset option, app is reinstalled.
- –app : This is used to specify the application path
- –session-override : This is used to specify if want to override the sessions. Usually only one session is allowed. If other session is created, we get error saying SessionNotCreatedException: A new session could not be created. (Original error: Requested a new session but one was in progress) To avoid such errors, we can use this argument with value as true.
- –app-pkg and –app-activity : This is used to specify the package and activity of the Android app to be launched
- –platform-name and –platform-version : These options are used to specify the platform name and version to be used for automation
- –device-name : This is used to specify the name of device
- –automation-name : This is used to specify if we want to use Appium or Selendroid
- –browser-name : This is used to specify the browser to be used for the automation
- –nodeconfig : This is used to pass the node configuration to used with selenium grid
- –orientation : Device orientation to be used